Welcome back to school. I hope you had a wonderful summer.
I`m excited for the new school year started and want to get things off on the right foot for all the students in my class. To do that I need your help.
Good communication between school and home is essential in helping students to learn effectively. To promote good communication there are several ways to help you stay in touch with what’s happening your child’s classroom and school. First and foremost of these is Remind.
Remind is a communication tool that allows me to send quick, simple messages to parents on a variety of platforms (phones and emails) while keeping everyone`s information private. I use remind to send out quick announcements or short updates on what we’re doing in class and to let you know about upcoming trips, events that are happening or just to update you on how the day has gone. Remind also allows us to have a private chat if needed.
Please sign up for Remind. It`s an easy way to stay in touch with what’s going on in our classroom and the more parents use it the easier it is for me to keep everyone up to speed.
I’ve put the sign-up instructions on a hand out that students will be bringing home on the first day of school. Please let me know if you have any questions or problems.
In addition you can:
- Stay in touch by reading the classroom blog
- Friend us on our class Facebook page
- Follow the class on Twitter
- Communicate using your child’s agenda (Hint: I don’t check agendas every day so please ask your child to alert me if there’s an important message)
- Send me an e-mail at Andrew.Campbell@Granderie.ca. I try and respond to emails promptly (within 24 hours).
- You can always call me at the school (519-752-1643)
Thanks for reading. I’m excited to be working with you and your child over the next ten months and I look forward to meeting you at Open House.